Healthy Kitten Recommendations
Our kitten recommendations are designed to give your new youngsters optimum protection from diseases and parasites that can be life threatening.
- Physical examination by a Doctor: At 6-8 wks, 10-12 wks, and 14-16 weeks of age.
- FeLV/FIV Test (Feline Leukemia Virus/Feline Immunodeficiency Virus): Recommended when new kitten is acquired.
- FVRCP Vaccination (Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia): Series of 3, to be given at 6-8 wks, 10-12 wks, and 14-16 weeks of age.
- FeLV Vaccination: Series of 2, to be given at 10-12 wks and 14-16 weeks of age.
- Rabies Vaccination: At 12 weeks of age.
- Deworming (to eliminate intestinal parasites): At 6-8 and 10-12 weeks of age.
- Intestinal Parasite Screening by analysis of stool sample: At 6-8 weeks of age.
- Begin Heartworm, Intestinal Parasite, and/or Flea Prevention, recommended: At 6-8 weeks of age.
- Spay or Neuter: At 5-6 months of age (as a general recommendation, although exceptions exist)