Good oral health is just as important for your pet as it is for you!
Dental care is much more than reducing bad breath. In fact, did you know that periodontal disease is the most prevalent disease among dogs and cats? If left unchecked, bacteria-filled plaque builds up and creates infection, potentially destroying the tissues and bone that support the teeth. Even worse, these dental infections can lead to serious infections throughout the organs of the body, including the heart, liver, and kidneys.
You can reduce the risk of oral disease for your pet. Preventive care is the key:
- We recommend that a veterinarian examine your pet’s teeth at least once a year.
- If pets need dental cleaning, we can schedule the procedure in the hospital as a day visit. Our comprehensive dental cleanings include anesthesia, scaling, and polishing to remove plaque formations.
- We can perform digital dental x-rays to detect painful dental conditions before they become advanced.
- We recommend practicing a regular dental-care regimen at home, including brushing your pet’s teeth with specially formulated toothpaste.
- We advise on specially formulated foods with proven benefits in plaque and tartar removal, water additives to help reduce plaque build-up, and oral-hygiene chews treated to help break up tartar.
At Campbell Park Animal Hospital, oral health is a priority in our care for your pet. We offer two opportunities for savings on dental services every year—a 10% discount during the months of February and August!