Healthy Puppy Recommendations
Our puppy recommendations are designed to give your new youngsters optimum protection from diseases and parasites that can be life threatening.
- Physical Examination by a Doctor: At 6-8 wks, 10-12 wks, and 14-16 weeks of age.
- DHP Vaccination (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo Virus): Series of 3, to be given at 6-8 wks, 10-12 wks, and 14-16 weeks of age.
- Rabies Vaccination: At 12 weeks of age.
- Bordetella Vaccination (kennel cough): Series of 1 or 2, age dependent
- Deworming (to eliminate intestinal parasites): At 6-8 and 10-12 weeks of age.
- Intestinal Parasite Screening by analysis of stool sample: At 6-8 weeks of age.
- Begin Heartworm and Intestinal Parasite Prevention: At 6-8 weeks of age.
- Begin Flea Control/Prevention, recommended: At 6-8 weeks of age.
- Spay or Neuter: At 5-6 months of age (as a general recommendation, although exceptions exist)